Tuesday 9 March 2010

Phil Barker






ARTIST'S STATEMENT


My work focuses on the theme of the urban
environment,and is representative of our
lifestyle. My inspiration draws from the
architecture around the urban landscape
and I use different media to create images
of past and present situations to show the
way society uses and abuses areas of
depravation and/or beauty.


I also like to use light and colour as a
key element in my work, and explore
different ways of making light work.I use
this media to stimulate the imagination of
the viewer, to enable them to create their
own mental image through their knowledge
of the environment.


I also draw from my past experience within
the building industry. Travelling in
different countries has also given me an
insight into other culture's urbanisation.